First unveiled yesterday at the 2003 Geneva Motor Show, Ford Fusion + is the latest addition to the Fusion range and the first UK Ford with a standard fit DVD entertainment system.
Since its launch last autumn, more than 5,000 UK customers have embraced the new Ford Fusion as the vehicle that breaks the small car mould and the new Fusion + is the most advanced, family-oriented model yet.
"Recent years have seen the car market fragment significantly, with customers more able to buy a car with different attributes to meet specific needs," said Paul Thomas, managing director, Ford of Britain. "Fusion and Fusion + reflect this trend – between Fiesta and Focus in terms of size and price, but with a unique flexibility and robustness."
- Top of the range Ford Fusion + (Plus) on sale from Summer 2003
- Standard-fit DVD entertainment system for rear seat passengers, first for a UK Ford
- Unique 16-inch alloy wheels, subtle exterior styling kit and privacy glass
- Rear-seat ‘activity console’ with up to 10.7 litres of additional stowage space
- Additional 12-volt rear seat power point
- Full range of engines and new Durashift EST advanced manual transmission option
- Prices to be confirmed closer to on-sale date
Child-Focused Rear-Seat Entertainment
The priority in developing Fusion + was creating an attractive travel environment for families, particularly those with young children.To help them in their task, the development engineers literally brought their children to work. There was a serious reason for this, as it helped create the core of Fusion + -- a safe and easy-to-use, child-focused rear-seat entertainment package. Their Results Include:
- DVD entertainment system with single large, centrally-mounted screen, adjustable viewing angle and two independent, wireless headsets
- Wide-ranging compatibility, including console game, camcorder, CD and MP3 functions, plus additional 12-volt rear-seat power point
- Two infrared headsets, eliminating tangled cables and allowing rear seat passengers to move freely and safely
- Remote control, which allows front or rear passengers to control the system without having to loosen their seat belt
- Two new front seat stowage pockets for games, DVDs and other small items, bringing total to seven separate storage areas
- A ‘time out’ function that allows the system to function 30 minutes after the car ignition has been turned off, then shut down to preserve battery life