As a first for Ford in Europe, a new Electronic Parking Brake (EPB) is available on Focus C-MAX Trend and Ghia models. The EPB negates the need for the mechanical handbrake. This new parking brake design, with its compact actuator switch, frees up even more space between the driver and front passenger.
If not done manually, the EPB is automatically applied when the car’s engine is turned off, and releases when the car is started and moves off.
Ford designers then used this free space to create a new centre console, which features an integral armrest when closed, for enhanced front seat comfort, plus integrated cup holders and a large storage bin under the armrest with space for twelve 0.33-litre drink cans, or a combination of a single 1.5-litre bottle and nine cans. There are also two rear storage bins within the console, the lower of which includes a power point for Focus C-MAX’s optional rear seat entertainment unit.
Storage for All
The EPB console is part of an impressive array of storage options for the new Focus C-MAX range.
All Focus C-MAX models give customers a wide array of standard compartments, trays and pockets, helping them maximise the usefulness of the vehicle and keep their interiors clutter-free.
- Two lidded under-floor compartments placed in front of the rear seats that are big enough to store a small pair of shoes, toys or a laptop computer.
- A lidded storage compartment on top of the instrument panel within easy reach of the driver and the front passenger.
- An open compartment on the lower instrument panel.
- A series of storage slots – ideal for pre-pay car park barrier tickets – adjacent to the audio unit in the instrument panel.
- Storage compartments on front seat valance panels.
- Sunglass storage in the driver grab handle area.
- A large, 10.5-litre glove compartment.
- Two lidded storage compartments in the boot side-trim for storing the vehicle’s first aid kit, along with other items.
- There are a total of 11 storage places, in addition to the front console, which offer all the flexibility a family could need.
Dual Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (DEATC)
The interior of the Focus C-MAX is a comfortable place to be, particularly when the Dual-zone Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (DEATC) climate control system is fitted for maximum interior comfort independent of conditions outside. The new system is standard on Ghia models and optional on other derivatives.
The DEATC system automatically changes output in order to optimise temperature within the vehicle at all times based on passenger pre-setting. It therefore constantly adjusts the climate inside the vehicle by analysing inputs such as heat from the sun, powertrain configuration, engine coolant and vehicle speed.