The British public will get its first chance to view the new Ford Focus C-MAX at this year’s Mobility Roadshow at Donington Park, near Derby, from Thursday 12 - Saturday 14 June 2003.
The C-MAX, which is due on the Motability Scheme later this year, extends Britain's best-selling Focus range into the MAV (Multi-Activity Vehicle) sector. MAGIC (Mobility and General Information Centre), Ford Motor Company’s information service for people with disabilities and mature drivers will be showcasing the vehicle on the Ford stand at the Mobility Roadshow.
The C-MAX is an important new vehicle for Ford, especially in the Motability Scheme market, where mini MAV’s make up 30 per cent of total Motability sales. Ford's research shows that 89 per cent of customers considering a MAV want the best of both worlds: space, flexibility, car-like driving quality, and above all, style.
Focus C-MAX is targeted at customers who want a five-seat, elegant, family car with the availability of the versatile comfort seat system which provides even more room when two adults are in the back seats.
"Our target customers tell us they don’t want a MAV that looks like a van with windows," said Mike Wear, director of fleet operations, Ford of Britain. "The Focus DNA and style in C-MAX means that we have not compromised on the attributes which these customers value most – stylish and ergonomic design with class-leading driving performance."
The Focus C-Max will be available on the Ford Motability Contract Hire Scheme towards the end of 2003. It comes with an impressive package of Motability friendly features:
- A taller body structure
- Ergonomic, comfortable driving environment with commanding high seating position and instrument panel-mounted gear lever
- Electronic handbrake
- New 6-speed transmission
- Rear-seat flexibility with ample space for three and flexible comfort seat system
- All seats are anti-submarining
- ABS with mechanical brake assist, six airbags: side, curtain and front, three point seat belts with load limiting retractors for all occupants
- Enough room for five people with luggage
- 'Tip & Tumble' individual and removable rear seats
- ISO Fix fixings for a child seat
- Large, centre-console available for additional stowage for class-leading front row stowage