- The first model in the new Ranger Double Cab line-up is £1,300 lower than the previous entry point, with prices now starting at £14,050. The same model, with air conditioning, has a new price which is £700 lower than the previous price at £14,650.
- Ranger Double Cab XLT now has a loadliner and a new price which is £700 lower at £15,650.
- Ranger Thunder special editions now come with a loadliner and Sony 7-CD player. Double Cab versions are £200 lower in price at £16,950.
- Ranger Super Cabs start from a new price which is £300 lower at £13, 295.
- Until 30 June 2005, all Ford Ranger retail customers can get £1,000 cashback and a free professional Makita power toolkit, worth a further £1,000.
- 85 per cent of Ford Ranger sales are Double Cab and Super Cab models.
Ford Ranger Double Cab and Super Cab models 4x4 pick-ups for delivery from late July will come with prices up to £1,300 lower than the previous recommended retail price (rrp), and some will also have more extra value standard features.
The entry model Double Cab 4x4 is £1,300 less at £14,050 while the top-of-the-range special edition Thunder will feature a Sony 7-CD player and loadliner worth £400 but now costs £16,950, £200 lower that the previous rrp.
Jon Fisher, commercial vehicle marketing manager for Ford of Britain said: "The pick-up sector grew by 24 per cent last year, driven by demand for 4x4 double cab vehicles. Last year we sold 7,539 Rangers, an increase of 40 per cent.
"Every Ford Ranger 4x4 has great standard specification that includes ABS. We recognise that the wider usage of 4x4s, both as work horses and leisure vehicles, means the market is altering and so we want to offer an even stronger value line-up to broaden Rangers' appeal," he added.
All Ford Ranger Double Cab 4x4s in stock come with ABS and air conditioning as standard. The XLT and Thunder models have more car-like standard features such as CD player, two-tone metallic paint, chrome front grille and leather steering wheel. Ranger Thunder models also have 15" alloy wheels and luxury leather seats and interior trim as standard.
The new specification Double Cab and Super Cab Rangers are available to order now, for delivery from late July. Ford dealers have great offers for retail customers on current stock, including cashback and free power tools.
1. All prices exclude VAT, delivery and on-the-road costs.Published 5 June 2005