Ford Motor Company Ltd today announced a new special edition Mondeo equipped with numerous high-value features designed to appeal particularly to retail customers. The Ford Mondeo Edge is eye catching, sophisticated and affordable.
On-the-road from just £14,995, Mondeo Edge is available in both five-door and estate bodystyles and with a choice of two petrol and three common-rail diesel engines including the highly acclaimed 2.2-litre 155PS TDCi diesel engine.
Mondeo Edge's interior features an array of creature comforts and smart technology including air-conditioning, rain-sensing wipers, auto-lighting, park-assist rear parking sensors, a driver's seat with electric height adjustment, a leather steering wheel and CD audio system with MP3 connectivity.
Based on a Mondeo LX, Mondeo Edge's generous standard specification also includes:
- Exterior body kit (body colour door handles, lower bumper valances and new mesh radiator grille)
- Unique 16-inch five-spoke alloy-wheels
- "Quickclear" heated front windscreen
- Power-operated windows
- Front fog lights
- Auto dimming rear-view mirror
- Silver roof rails (estate models only)
- Intelligent Protection System (IPS) featuring driver's and front passenger's airbags, side and curtain airbags
- Electronic anti-lock brakes (ABS) with Emergency Brake Assist (EBA)
Pricing for the Mondeo Edge is clear, unambiguous and customer-friendly. There is a £500 premium for an increase in engine power e.g. 1.8-litre to 2.0-litre; a £1,000 increase from petrol to diesel engines and a £1,000 increase between five-door and estate bodystyles.
Five new colours have also been added to the entire Mondeo line up; Kelp, Sea Grey, Tango Red, Blue Ambition and White Grape.Published 14 February 2006