- By Randall Olson
- ISBN 1-84584-027-5/ISBN 13: 978-1-84584-027-3
- £19.99 UK
- Published September 2006 UK
This colourful book features some of the most beautiful and rare scale models of American Ford cars (including Edsel, Lincoln, and Mercury) and trucks from the classic 1920s to 1970s period.
- The only book ever devoted to handbuilt model Fords
- Over 400 colour images of beautifully detailed 1:43 scale classic Fords
- A superb collection of the most exquisite model Fords
- 1:43 is the world’s most popular scale for car models
- Features many very rare and desirable models
- Details of the handbuilt models available today and their builders
For the first time ever in one source, the author has assembled hundreds of high-resolution colour photographs from his and others’ private collections, and from the builders themselves. Read about the history of these Ford replicas, the cars they are modelled upon, and learn where you can get them. This book is a must have for people who enjoy scale models and Ford Motor Company cars.
Randall Olson grew up in the small city of Winnipeg, Manitoba in the centre of the North American continent. He has vivid memories of cruising across the vast flatlands of his childhood in the Ford, General Motors, and Chrysler land yachts of the 1950s. A love for these automobiles became a part of his life, as did his enjoyment of photography and scale model motor cars. The author now lives in Vancouver, BC, Canada with his wife and twin teenage sons. He is a business consultant, skilled miniaturist and diorama builder, and is working on his next book in this series.
Paperback with flaps. 128 pages. 432 colour illustrations. 250mm tall x 250mm (97/8in tall x 97/8in).
Veloce books are stocked by or can be ordered from bookshops by quoting the correct ISBN number. Books can also be ordered on our website - www.veloce.co.ukPublished 5 September 2006