- Ford dealers across the country plan special Fiesta and Fusion previews
- New look exterior and new style interiors
- Exciting new colours inside and out
- "Big-car" features including Bluetooth and voice control now available
- Prices start from £8,395 for Fiesta Studio and £10,645 for Fusion Style
The new Ford Fiesta and Fusion will arrive in showrooms next weekend (19, 20 November). Every Fiesta and Fusion in the Ford small car line-up has had a colour and style makeover for 2006. Britain's popular small cars are now available with "big-car" features including voice-controlled temperature, phone and audio systems.Distinctive new exterior styling, fresh new interiors, vibrant new colours and an impressive list of new equipment are sure to keep the Fiesta and Fusion top of the sales charts.
The 2006 Fiesta and Fusion offer many features that are usually only available in larger cars including: rain-sensing wipers, automatic "home-safe" headlamps, air conditioning with automatic electronic temperature control, satellite navigation, trip computer, one-shot-down driver's power window, power/adjustable heated door mirrors that fold inwards and a MP3 connection socket for the integrated stereo systems.
Modern new seat fabrics and fascia colour combinations give the 2006 models a contemporary feel. With more than a dozen combinations on Fiesta alone, customers can create an original and distinctive new car.
Vibrant exterior colours for Fiesta and Fusion include "tango red", "amethyst", and "sublime". Each range also has a unique colour - "apple" for Fiesta and "Spanish olive" for Fusion.
New features at a glance
The new range of standard and optional "big-car" features are:
- Voice control for phone, audio and electronic automatic temperature, as first seen on the new Ford Focus, and a first for small cars.
- Bluetooth hands-free technology that mutes the audio system and plays the caller's voice over the car speakers when the phone is in use. Voice controlled with no cradle required.
- New, high quality audio unit. Whether using a tape or CD player, the quality and reception is a significant improvement.
- Trip computer to inform the driver of: miles to empty, average and actual fuel economy, average speed, trip distance and external temperature.
- Satellite navigation.
- Connection socket for portable MP3 player.
- One-shot-down driver's power window.
- Air conditioning with electronic automatic temperature control.
- Rain-sensing wipers.
- Automatic headlamps with a "home-safe" setting so they will stay on for 30secs after the ignition has been switched off. In addition, the sidelights automatically illuminate when the vehicle is remotely unlocked - a handy feature in a crowded car park.
- Body coloured power/heated automatic door mirrors that fold inwards when the remote central locking is activated or in manual mode when tight spaces need to be navigated.