With in-dash integration, the Fiat Panda's navigation system will provide dynamic routing, which uses the latest traffic information to calculate the fastest route to the destination.
At the 2011 Frankfurt Motor Show, it has been announced that TomTom will provide navigation and real time services for the new Fiat Panda, the first time the Blue&Me TomTom LIVE platform is available in a Fiat A-segment car.
With in-dash integration, the Fiat Panda's navigation system will provide dynamic routing, which uses the latest traffic information to calculate the fastest route to the destination. Blue&Me TomTom LIVE connects to mobile phones and media players using Bluetooth technology. The system is portable so can be used in other vehicles if required.
"With users' demands increasing for integrated navigation solutions, I am happy that we are able to offer Fiat Panda drivers the option of experiencing an in-dash system including LIVE Service. A-segment car drivers can now enjoy the benefits of real time traffic and dynamic routing – reducing their journey times significantly as HD Traffic covers 99.9% of the road network, including inner cities. Being able to extend our integrated navigation to this segment very much fits with TomTom's commitment to reducing traffic congestion for all", said Giles Shrimpton, Managing Director, TomTom Automotive. "Fiat Group Automobiles are an important partner for TomTom and I am pleased that we are able to constantly update the Blue&Me TomTom platform and to roll it out on more models".
Fiat Blue&Me TomTom LIVE Key Features
- HD Traffic - combining real time traffic with unique dynamic routing, real time traffic information is generated 82 million probes throughout Europe, covering 99.9% of the road network. It reports more traffic jams in real-time and is also refreshed more frequently than any other service.
- Up-to-date speed camera information on both fixed and mobile cameras en route.
- Live weather updates and local search sent directly to the SIM card of the in-dash system.
- Eco friendly – incorporating Fiat's eco:Drive real time information on driving style including useful suggestions for reducing environmental impact and optimising fuel consumption by changing gear and using the accelerator to suit the nature of the route.
- Browsing Blue&Me functions: the device becomes your high-quality touch screen display for many Blue&Me functions, including media player, trip computer and hands free calling.
- Mechanical integration with a specifically designed cradle.