2004 was a remarkable year for the Ferrari Maserati Group not only in terms of sales but also thanks to the fact that its cars were chosen for a plethora of awards by the leading international car magazines.
The Maserati range received considerable recognition, particularly the Quattroporte which won 13 awards. The MC12 also fared particularly well.
- GQ magazine’s annual ’Best Things in Life’ awards, published in its December issue, list the 100 most desirable things across a broad range of sectors from furniture to jewellery, cars and music CDs. This year the MC12 was voted the best of all the cars in the running for the ‘Best Things In Life’ award.
- The MC12 was also named ‘Dream Car of the Year’ in the 2004 BBC Top Gear Awards. The prestigious English magazine road and track-tests over 300 new models of all makes each year.
- The authoritative American lifestyle magazine, the Robb Report, voted the Maserati Quattroporte the ‘Best of the Best’ in the luxury executive sedan category for its sportiness, elegance and exclusivity. This was the 16th outing for the Awards which were published in May 2004.
- The Quattroporte was also voted ‘Best Luxury Car in Show’ at the British International Motor Show in May 2004. The award was judged by a panel of 35 expert car designers and engineers from the prestigious IVehE (Institute of Vehicle Engineers) and the Quattroporte won on the strength of its stunning lines and sophisticated interior.
- The English car magazine Top Gear also named it the ‘Limousine of the Year’ in its 2004 BBC Top Gear Awards.
- Also in the UK, Wallpaper magazine voted the Quattroporte, ‘Best Car’ in the Wallpaper Design Awards. The car was evaluated by a panel made up of internationally renowned designers, architects and fashionistas. They chose the new Maserati flagship for the elegance of its interiors and the guarantee of exclusivity that only a car of this kind can offer. The awards are published in the January 2005 edition of the English magazine.
- In its December 2003 edition, GQ UK included the Quattroporte in its list of ‘100 Best Things in Life’. The Quattroporte was voted the Best Car and was ranked 22nd on the overall list.
- In Japan, the Japan Automotive Hall of Fame Association (JAHFA) named the flagship as ‘Import Car of the Year 2004’. The Association voted for the Quattroporte because of the sense of timeless style it exudes, courtesy of a seamless blend of tradition, innovation and sophisticated handcrafting.
- The readers of Germany’s best known and most authoritative car magazine Auto Motor und Sport, named the Quattroporte as ‘Best Car 2004’ in the Luxury Imported Sedan category in February 2004.
- The North Rhine Westphalia Centre of Design in Germany presented the Quattroporte with its ‘Red Dot Design Award’ on March 31st 2004. This is one of the oldest and most sought-after awards in the highly competitive world of design.
- The readers of well-known German car magazine Auto Zeitung awarded the flagship the ‘Auto Trophy’ in October. The car received the most votes in the Luxury Imported Sedan category.
- Automobile Magazine, a leading French publication, named the Quattroporte ‘Best Car 2004’ in the Luxury Sedan category, on the strength of the largest European market survey of the automobile market which is carried out annually in 18 different countries.
- The international panel of judges elected to award the title of ‘World’s Most Beautiful Car’ also chose the flagship in its prestige car category on November 11th 2003.
- Italian monthly Quattroruote also voted the Quattroporte ‘Best Flagship’.
- Last but not least, ANVER gave the big saloon its ‘ecoTOP 2004’ award on November 18th. The National Paintwork Association represents Italy’s leading paintwork and surface treatment companies and experts. The Quattroporte received its award in this case thanks to its innovative pre-treatment and paint cycle which is the only one of its kind here in Europe.
In the two short months since its unveiling at the Paris Auto Show, the latest arrival from the Prancing Horse has won the following awards:
- American magazine Autoweek chose the F430 as ‘Best Car in Show’ at last September’s Paris Show. This is a particularly important achievement given the significance of the American market for the F430 and for Ferrari in general, and also because of the large number of new models unveiled at Paris.
- British magazine Top Gear chose the F430 as ‘Supercar of the Year’ in December.
- The German magazine Auto Zeitung named it the ‘Best Imported Sports Car’ in the Auto Trophy awards.
- The F430 was voted ‘Coche Espactacular’ (Exceptional Car) by Spanish magazine Car&Driver.
- The German magazine Auto Zeitung awarded the 360 Spider its Auto Trophy for ’Best Imported Spider’.