The Citroen Xsara Enterprise will fill a gap in the UK light commercial vehicle market when it goes on sale later this month. Since a prototype was shown late last year it has been further refined. Now the exceptionally well-equipped Xsara Enterprise has benefited from a grille and bumper restyle as well as interior dashboard, instrumentation and trim improvements.
Prior to launching the Xsara Enterprise, Citroen carried out research that showed that there was a customer demand for vans smaller than the best-selling, high cube Berlingo. This potential demand for these smaller vans stems from a growing high-tech service sector and higher Benefit In Kind (BIK) taxation on company cars.
Brian Roskell, Citroen’s commercial vehicle operations manager, explains, "In researching the light commercial vehicle sector we have discovered a sector that requires smaller, but versatile vans. These vehicles also have to offer stylish looks, load carrying practicality, as well as car-type levels of comfort and performance. The Xsara Enterprise delivers these key attributes, together with the unique sector advantage of three-way load accessibility."
Xsara Enterprise - Customer Base
Citroen expects that typical Xsara Enterprise business transport applications will include current/previous users of estate cars, such as computer technicians, office equipment service engineers and other high-tech service functions. These service engineers find the effect of the new company car BIK scheme to be particularly financially onerous. Other Xsara Enterprise roles are expected to include high speed couriers, craftsmen and small specialist retail outlets such as audio shops.
With its advanced 90hp, 2.0HDi common rail diesel engine the Xsara Enterprise – which is based on one of the best riding and handling mid-size estates available - has car-like performance and the potential for up to 50mpg economy.
Add to this the benefits of three-way load accessibility and a 511kg payload and the stylish Xsara Enterprise more than meets the demands of this new breed of van customer.
Xsara Enterprise - Exceptional Equipment Levels
The Xsara Enterprise offers business users the benefits of unrivalled levels of driver comfort and safety equipment. No other light commercial vehicle in the UK can match the high standard specification, benefits and value offered by the Xsara Enterprise, which include:-
- ABS with Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD) and Emergency Brake Assist (EBA)
- Adaptive driver’s and passenger’s air bags + driver’s and passenger’s front lateral airbags
- Energy absorbing side impact protection + fuel cut-off device
- Variable power assisted steering + height and reach adjustable steering column
- Electric front windows with one-touch feature on driver’s side
- Transponder immobiliser
- High frequency, remote controlled central locking with deadlocks (including auto-relock feature)
- RDS stereo radio/cassette + steering column mounted controls
- Electric passenger mirror adjustment
- Auto activation of hazard warning lights (in the event of impact or heavy braking)
- Multi-function display including radio, time, date and exterior temperature
- Heated rear window + rear wash/wipe
- Height adjustable driver’s seat + height adjustable seat belts with pre-tensioners and force limiters
- Tinted windows
- Toughened, intrusion resistant load compartment side window glazing
- Cigarette lighter + 12 volt power socket
- Rev counter + coolant temperature indicator + maintenance indicator + oil level gauge
- Tailored non-slip rubber load flooring, including 4 load tie-down points
- Illuminated glove box with cup holders, 4 front door pockets (2 open, 2 lidded), lidded central storage bin, rear door pockets and front seat back pockets
Uniquely in the sub-high cube sector, the Xsara Enterprise has the benefits of three-way load accessibility via the large rear tailgate or the two rear side doors. As standard the Xsara Enterprise has a full width steel load restraint.
Internally the Xsara Enterprise has a well-proportioned, 1.5cu.m capacity load compartment, with internal dimensions of 895mm height, 1660mm length and a 1300mm width. The non-slip load floor of the Xsara Enterprise is completely flat and includes four load tie down points.
Other practical load carrying attributes of the Xsara Enterprise include a maximum braked trailer weight capability of 1100kg and a large, 100kg roof rack load capacity.
Xsara Enterprise - Exceptional Back-Up & Value
The new Xsara Enterprise has Citroen’s new, two year unlimited mileage or three year, 100,000 mile warranty package.
The exceptionally well-equipped Xsara Enterprise has a competitive recommended retail price of £10,995 + VAT + delivery. However, with the current Citroen cashback offers the Xsara Enterprise is even better value for money. Including special cashback, until 31 March 2003, the Xsara Enterprise will be priced at just £9,995 + VAT + delivery.Published 28 January 2003