Citroen has revealed first details of its stylish new seven-seat compact MPV, the C4 Picasso. This extremely spacious, practical and comfortable new people carrier will make its world debut at the Paris Motor show next month and will complement the Company’s exceptionally popular existing MPV line-up.
The C4 Picasso is a fresh alternative for customers looking for a versatile family car, with a host of new features designed to make travelling as easy and enjoyable as possible:
- a vast panoramic windscreen that contributes to outstanding all-round visibility
- a smart, uncluttered look in the front of the cabin, aided by the integration of the new 6-speed electronic gearbox system and the imaginative dashboard design
- class-leading amounts of space in both the passenger compartment and boot
- an original seat-folding design, allowing quick and easy reconfiguration of the seats
- the highest levels of interior comfort and refinement, with zonal air conditioning, soundproofed windows, air quality sensor and the use of innovative interior lighting
- impressive ride comfort, with air suspension at the rear.
Citroen is already one of the biggest players in the UK MPV market. The Xsara Picasso, the best-selling MPV among private buyers, sits alongside the Berlingo Multispace, the country’s most popular budget MPV, and the award-winning C8 full-size people-carrier.
With the introduction of the C4 Picasso, Citroen is offering compact MPV buyers a choice of two very different and distinctive styles and interior configurations - the C4 Picasso’s seven seats adding to the five seats of the Xsara Picasso, a model that will continue to form part of the Citroen line-up for many years to come.
The striking lines of the C4 Picasso envelop one of its most notable features - a unique super wide-angle panoramic windscreen that rises up and over the front seat occupants, doubling vertical visibility in the front to 70°, compared to just 35° in a standard MPV. Narrow side pillars and large quarter lights further enhance the excellent driver’s visibility.
A combination of the vast windscreen, the biggest sunroof in the class and the large side windows allows the C4 Picasso to offer the largest glazed area of any compact MPV. As a result, all occupants benefit from exceptional levels of visibility from the comfort of a light and airy cabin – perfect for those long family journeys.
Close attention has been paid to interior refinement with the use of prestige materials that are both pleasing on the eye and to touch. The attractive chrome and gloss black detailing is complemented by the exceptionally fine finish to the grain of the dash and door panels.