Bristol does not subscribe to the view that one needs to sacrifice luxury for performance. Although capable of cruising at speeds greater than that of many light aircraft, Fighter still incorporates sybaritic levels of luxury that have long made Bristol cars the first choice for long Continental trips. Superbly contoured leather sports seats cosset drivers from 4' 11" up to 6' 7" tall in an interior that offers ample space to relax in all directions. Handcrafted appointments the equal of any Bristol saloon are to be enjoyed along with the latest in electronic accessories that may be desired.
On the move, Fighter's sophisticated suspension achieves a precise bond with the road while isolating the occupants from tiresome road imperfections. Painstaking acoustical development has distilled the pure sound and feel of a sports car while the tiring elements of road, engine and wind noise have been expunged. The Fighter is perhaps the only car that combines such a hedonistic luxury experience with the inspirational ability of an ultimate two-seater sports car.
With a top speed of approximately 210 miles per hour and acceleration to match, few cars indeed can approach the Fighter's level of performance or indeed its levels of luxury and refinement. Its mighty V-10 power unit responds with startling accuracy to the driver's throttle input in a manner quite unlike conventional high revving or forced induction units. According to the driver's mood the engine can be utterly calm or addictively potent. Should you choose to savour the wrath of the 8 litre V-10 you will find it to be simply one of motoring's great experiences.
Further enhancing driver pleasure is a sophisticated suspension and chassis designed to provide near racing car levels of grip and agility. Excellent chassis control and driver feedback allow enjoyable progress even when road and weather conditions deteriorate. Smaller, more challenging roads emphasise the value of Fighter's unrivalled visibility and uniquely compact external dimensions.
Summary Of Technical And Design FeaturesPerformance
- All-aluminium V-10 engine is unusually light and compact. Specific output of one horsepower per pound of weight sets a new benchmark for class.
- Power output of 525 bhp increases further at very high speed due to aerodynamically induced supercharging effect. Maximum speed approximately 210 mph.
- Excellent traction permits 0-60 mph in approximately 4 secs.
- Generous torque, high gearing and low drag ensure pleasing fuel economy. Even our "lead-footed" factory test drivers regularly return over 20 mpg.
- 6-speed, close ratio manual gearbox allows 60 mph in first gear, 100 mph cruising at 2,450 rpm in 6th.
- Engine produces an effortless flow of torque. Even at tickover there is 350 lb.ft (476 Nm) available. Generous peak torque of 525 lb.ft (714 Nm) is achieved at 4,200 rpm.
Chassis, Structure And Safety
- Immensely strong chassis structure with steel sill boxes and cross members, honeycomb aluminium floors, aluminium torsional bulkheads.
- Inner structure in aluminium with hand formed aluminium outer body panels to ensure longevity.
- Carbon fibre doors and tailgate ensure maximum stiffness and contribute to a lower centre of gravity.
- Massive steel tube rollover structure and safety cage provides advanced levels of passenger protection in a really severe impact.
- Optional four point racing type seatbelts.
- As with expensive racing cars, Fighter is built over a steel surface plate enabling each part to be accurately positioned in three dimensions. There is thus none of the build up of tolerances that occur in mass produced and normal hand-built cars.
- Use of aerospace materials and design techniques trim weight to a moderate 1,475 kg (3,310 lb).
- Electronic tyre pressure monitors and alarms are a standard fitment.
- Generous accommodation for occupants up to 6'7" tall. Ample electric adjustment for seats and steering wheel makes all sizes comfortable.
- Boot area accessible from within and without, accommodates luggage for long distance touring or two large golf bags.
- 23-gallon (105 litre) fuel tank gives touring range in excess of 400 miles. 28.5-gallon (130 litre) tank is optional.
- In the event of tyre trouble a full sized spare tyre is standard so that you may safely and conveniently continue your journey.
- Genuinely compact external dimensions make driving in traffic or on challenging smaller roads a pleasure.
- Panoramic visibility for maximum safety and driving enjoyment.
- Turning circle rivals most city cars, 100% Ackerman steering geometry avoids unseemly tyre scrub.
- 8" ground clearance ahead of front wheels and 6" beneath car eliminates possibility of grounding over speed bumps or on steep driveways.
- Sets new standards for space utilisation in fast cars.