- Twin turbocharged and intercooled 8 litre V10 engine
- 1012 bhp at 5600 rpm
- 1036 lb.ft of torque at 4500 rpm
- Bristol Cars have over a quarter of a century of turbocharging experience, for, in January 1980 they introduced UK's first turbocharged car - the Bristol Beaufighter
- Functional exterior styling changes and mechanical alterations to suit the extra performance
- Lightweight sports interior
- First deliveries of Fighter T expected September 2007
- During the short time the Bristol Fighter has been on the market we have noted that owners tend to use the cars as everyday transport instead of a conventional car. They also love to use them for recreational or track day purposes.
- In spite of the Fighter and Fighter S's very high performance, to our surprise we have sometimes been asked for more.
- The Fighter T (which will be an addition to the range) answers these requirements without losing one iota of street level credentials.
- At 3500 rpm the standard Fighter produces an impressive 525 lb.ft of torque. The Fighter T delivers more than 900 lb.ft at the same rpm, and continues to do so all the way up to the rev limit of 6000 rpm.
- Drag factor reduced to 0.27 by a new rear wake diffuser.
- A potential maximum speed of more than 270 mph has been electronically limited to a more than sufficient 225 mph at 4500 rpm.
- 0 to 60 mph in less than 3.5 seconds.
- Responding to the needs of some exacting customers we have created a very special Fighter variant which, as ever, remains a compact and enjoyable car to drive around town or as an exhilarating track car. Yet it takes two people and their luggage in great luxury and ease for trans continental travel.
- Bristol Cars believe that there is no other car with such a remarkable range of abilities.
Bristol Fighter T - Brief Specification
ENGINE: All aluminium 8 litre V10. 9.3:1 compression ratio. Two ball bearing water cooled turbochargers with intercooling, uprated engine internals. High flow cylinder heads with high lift camshaft. High capacity cooling system and catalysts. Free flow exhaust with side of car exits. Output 127 bhp per litre. 1012 bhp at 5600 rpm. 1036 lb.ft of torque at 4500 rpm.
TRANSMISSION: 6 speed manual gearbox with increased torque capacity. Revised gear ratios to suit torque characteristics. 60 mph in first gear. 49.8 mph at 1000 rpm in 6th gear.
CHASSIS: Structure 30% stiffer in torsion. Firmer springs. 10 mm lower ride height. 25% stiffer front anti-roll bar. Firmer sports dampers. Revised wishbone geometry front and rear. 40% increased castor. Ball jointed rear torque bushings. 285 x 19 inch front tyres. 335 x 19 inch rear tyres. 5 spoke 19 inch aluminium alloy lightweight wheels.
EXTERIOR: Radiused intake grille. Side exit exhaust pipes. Polished stainless steel outlets. Rear wake diffuser.
INTERIOR: Engine turned aluminium instrument and centre console. Faces with coloured varnish to match leather. Turned aluminium switch gear. Turbo boost gauge. Lightweight 'racing style' seats. Lightweight steering wheel.Published 8 November 2006