- Intelligent lightweight technology with an aluminium/steel bodyshell, more space, lower weight, large panorama glass roof
- Even larger and more variable luggage compartment with automatic operation of the rear lid, Soft Close Automatic, separately opening rear window, and semi-automatic roll cover
- Choice of four engines and three six-speed transmissions, 2.5-litre six-cylinder and 4.4-litre 8-cylinder petrol engines, 2.5- and 3.0-litre six-cylinder diesel engines with EU4 and particle filter, manual, sequential and automatic six-speed transmissions
- All-aluminium chassis and suspension, self-levelling with air springs, Active Steering, Dynamic Drive, DSC with DTC, runflat tyres, and Tyre Defect Indicator.
- iDrive control system with enhanced voice control, Head-Up Display, Active Cruise Control, Adaptive Headlights with bi-xenon light beams, and two-stage Brake Force Display
Entering the market in mid-May 2004, the third-generation 5 Series Touring is rounding off the new BMW 5 Series as a whole, providing supreme harmony of sporting performance, refined comfort, spacious dimensions, and practical function all in one. This elegant new car is therefore an ideal partner for business, family, and leisure time.
Either as standard equipment or as an option, the Touring comes with all the highlights in technology and safety features boasted by the new, innovative BMW 5 Series Saloon, such as Active Steering, Dynamic Drive, Head-Up Display as well as Adaptive Headlights. And in comparison with its predecessor, the new model offers a much larger and even more variable luggage compartment with convenient access thanks to automatic operation of the tailgate.