Based on the 6 cylinder 325ti SE Compact this car features aerodynamic body styling and a sporty interior design to complement its dynamic on-road performance. The technical and performance details of the 325ti Sport Compact remain the same as the 325ti.
The 325ti Sport Compact comes with the following extra specification
- Aerodynamic package
- 17" M Double Spoke Alloy Wheels (front 7.5Jx17 with 225/45R17 tyres and rear 8.5Jx17 with 245/40R17 tyres)
- 'M' door sills
- 'M' leather Multi-Function Steering Wheel
- Laser Cloth/Alcantara Anthracite Upholstery
- Black rubbing strips
Additional wheel options include an MV spoke alloy (8Jx18 - 225/40R18 front and 8.5Jx18 - 255/35R18 rear (price £450) and the no cost option of M double spoke wheels (7.5Jx17 - 225/45R17 front and 8.5Jx17 - 245/40 R17 rear).
The 325ti Sport Compact is available in six exterior and interior upholstery options.
7 Series - best engineered car of 2002
The new BMW 7 Series has been awarded the accolade of 'Best Engineered Car for 2002' in Automotive Engineering International magazine.
The editors of AEI noted: "The 7 Series was selected because it points the way not only for luxury/performance sedans, but also for other vehicle segments".
Top Gear Decides
Britain's biggest motor magazine, Top Gear, awarded two of their top accolades to the BMW Group in its 2002 Awards.
The evergreen BMW 3 Series, revised in September with subtle body changes and new four cylinder engines, was voted Best Executive car, putting to flight pretenders to the crown from Audi, Jaguar, Lexus and Volkswagen. The 3 Series, said Top Gear, was "refined, mature, immaculate, well built and German".
MINI was voted best small car in its first year, beating hot competition from Ford, Skoda, Volkswagen and Smart.
"fun, nippy, retro, fashionable, inexpensive, poignant and fab" said Top Gear's respected team of judges.
"Thanks Top Gear" said BMW GB.
BMW M Record
2001 was the most successful in the history of BMW M, the company formerly called BMW Motorsport which was founded 30 years ago. Established in May 1972 this 'manufacturer of individual automobiles' established a new record in its main business area, the sales of M cars, with approximately 23,000 cars sold.The 2001 highlights of the M year were:
- M5 still dominated the 400bhp high performance saloon market with more than 4,600 sales.
- Total deliveries of the 343bhp M3 models exceeded 15,000 cars, including 11,000 Coupés and 4,000 Convertibles.·M Sport packages for BMW 3 and 5 Series models, which are based in design and function on M cars, registered 80 per cent growth to reach a sales total of 55,000.
- BMW Individual, which tailors cars specifically to customer requirements, has been in existence for ten years and sells on average 35,000 cars each year.
- Finally BMW Driver Training, also under the auspices of BMW M, catered for over 25,000 enthusiastic BMW drivers - another 2001 record.
The United Kingdom is one of the three largest markets in the world for M cars. In 2001 BMW Great Britain sold 1,739 M cars.
- 733 M3 Coupé (launched in April 2001)
- 489 M3 Convertible (launched in June 2001)
- 427 M5
- 90 M Roadsters/Coupés
The current waiting list for M3 is still long. M3 Coupés cannot on average be delivered before October 2002 whilst Convertibles are sold out until December 2002.
BMW Great Britain is actively trying to secure more M3 models to reduce waiting times.Published 2 April 2002