This really is an impressive newcomer at first sight: The very first time you behold and admire the sporting, elegant and powerful-looking body of the new 5 Series, you will immediately appreciate this dynamic representative of the BMW business class. And you will experience this dynamism on the road through the sophisticated overall concept of innovative technologies including a brand-new, weight-saving aluminium/steel bodywork structure. So in a nutshell, the new 5 Series Saloon offers more space and comfort on less weight, with enhanced fuel economy and even better performance, as well as ideal axle load distribution.
- Innovative lightweight construction with an aluminium/steel body
- All-aluminium chassis and suspension, Active Front Steering, Dynamic Drive and runflat tyres
- Straight-six spark ignition engines from 2.2 - 3.0 litres; 3.0-litre straight-six diesel engine with common rail; manual and automatic six-speed transmission
- iDrive control concept, head-up display
- Adaptive headlights, Brake Force Display, bi-xenon headlights, active cruise control
- More space at the rear and much bigger luggage compartment
Only active driving systems are able to further enhance the safe and comfortable driving pleasure offered by the perfectly tuned all-aluminium suspension. And it is precisely here that the new 5 Series, featuring the world's first Active Front Steering as well as active Dynamic Drive stabilisation, gives the driver the option to enjoy an unprecedented synthesis of agility, handling, and driving comfort all in one. Providing a wide range of runflat tyres for the new 5 Series, BMW is also enhancing the leadership of the marque in the introduction of such safety tyres with failsafe running characteristics.