Craftsmanship Key Features
Sharing much of its specification with its Continental GT and Flying Spur stablemates, the key craftsmanship attributes of the Continental GTC convertible are:
- Burr walnut wood veneers applied to the fascia, upper door trim and front console.
- Choice of alternative veneers: Birds Eye Maple, Madrona, Piano Black, Dark-stained Burr walnut
- Wood veneers are cut using the latest laser technology. They are then lacquered by hand before being machined and polished.
- The finished wood veneer is applied to new aluminium substrates that are more thermally stable than before, enhancing durability and flexibility.
- The wood veneer is, as with all Bentleys, book-matched to create perfect symmetry, with one side exactly reflecting the other. Bentley is unique among car makers in using natural, unbleached wood veneers.
- Premium A-grade leather hides in one of 17 colours cover the seating, door panels, waistrails, dashboard and rear tonneau cover.
- Carpets and seatbelts to match all hides.
- The finest leather hides are imported from Northern Europe because insects that can damage the quality of the finished leather don't like colder climates.
- Hide-trimmed multi-function steering wheel and chrome-trimmed gear selector.
- It takes approximately eight hours to trim a steering wheel.
- The steering wheel is double-stitched by hand using two needles simultaneously.
- Classic Bentley brightwork decorates the Continental GTC. Iconic symbols such as the ‘Winged B’ badge and the matrix grille grace the exterior, while bulls-eye ventilation outlets with their organ stop controls sit alongside unique chrome knurled switchgear that was inspired by blending contemporary jewellery with switches from vintage Bentleys.
Interior features and technology
Continental GTC owners will want for nothing inside their car, whether behind the wheel or enjoying the ride as a passenger. The car is equipped with the latest advanced cabin technology from its electro-hydraulically operated soft fabric roof, power-latching doors and fully adjustable electric front seats (that are also heated with an optional massage function), to its climate control and advanced infotainment system.