Bentley Continental GTC | Part Two
Published 13 April 2006
- An all-new 2+2 convertible version of the Continental GT coupé
that blends peerless Bentley craftsmanship and design with modern
technologies to provide unparalleled comfort in an open-top car.
- Ultra-stiff body structure benefits vehicle refinement and dynamic
- A stunning cabin that uses exquisite Bentley design and craftsmanship
to create a spacious, welcoming interior. A classic mix of leather
hides and wood veneers give a contemporary but timeless appearance.
- Unique seven-bow, three-layer, soft fabric roof with heated glass
rear screen operates electro-hydraulically and provides peerless
acoustic damping and exceptional refinement during use.
- Wide variety of exterior and interior roof colours gives the customer
more design choice.
- Outstanding performance thanks to a top speed (roof up) of 195mph
(312km/h) and a 0-60mph time of 4.8 seconds (0-100km/h in 5.1 seconds).
- With the roof down the top speed is still a remarkable 190mph (306km/h)
- Powered by the awesome Crewe-built, W12 twin-turbocharged 6-litre
engine, tuned to provide not just a massive 552bhp (560PS/411kW)
but 479lb ft (650Nm) at just 1600rev/min to deliver that legendary
Bentley wave of torque from low revs.
- New rear suspension system improves the ride and refinement, and
increases roof stowage space without impacting on 235-litre luggage
compartment volume, which can carry skis and golf bags or travel
- A high-tech, all-wheel-drive system with Torsen differential for
exceptional stability and grip in any conditions is driven by an
advanced six-speed automatic gearbox with manual change mode and
- Air suspension with continuous damping control (four adjustable
- The Continental GTC shares its massive braking system with the Continental
GT coupé. The 405mm ventilated front brake discs are the
largest diameter discs of any series production passenger car on
- The Bentley Continental GTC will begin its global roll-out from
the end of 2006.
The information contained this Bentley Continental news article may have changed since publication on the 13 April 2006. Our car specifications, reviews, and prices may only apply to the UK market. You may wish to check with the manufacturer or your local Bentley dealer, before making a purchasing decision. E.&.O.E. You may NOT reproduce our car news in full or part, in any format without our written permission. carpages.co.uk © 2018