- Exhilarating supercar performance thanks to a top speed in excess of 190mph and a 0-62mph time of around five seconds.
- Powered by a 6-litre, twin-turbocharged, 12-cylinder engine engineered and built at Bentley's factory in Crewe. Tuned to provide not just a massive 552bhp but also the legendary Bentley 'torque' from low revs.
- A high-tech, all-wheel-drive system for exceptional stability and grip in any conditions.
- A stunning cabin that uses exquisite Bentley design and quality to create a spacious, welcoming interior. A classic mix of leather and wood veneers are combined to give a contemporary but timeless appearance.
- Over 11 leather hides are used to make a complete set of upholstery in the Continental Flying Spur.
- Spacious rear legroom provides total comfort for all passengers with a five or four-seat layout optional at the time of purchase.
- Designed and developed in parallel with the Continental GT coupe at Bentley's design studios and facilities in Crewe to ensure consistency in their visual appearance and in their on-going engineering and development programme.
- Pricing for the new Continental Flying Spur is yet to be finalised but Bentley expects a similar price structure to that of the Continental GT coupe.
- The new Bentley Continental Flying Spur will go on sale in Spring 2005.
A little over two years ago Bentley Motors stunned the world by unveiling a Grand Tourer masterpiece, the Continental GT coupe. Now, only 12 months after the first deliveries of that extraordinarily successful car, we are proud to announce the arrival of the fastest four-door in the company's history; a car that shares the heart and soul of the 198mph coupe from which it is born - the Continental Flying Spur.
The Continental Flying Spur combines the exquisite design and peerless craftsmanship for which Bentley is renowned with the dynamics and power of the Continental GT to provide an unparalleled motoring experience that will attract a new breed of discerning customers to the marque.
Throughout our history, Bentleys have offered a blend of luxury and potent performance. The ability to undertake long journeys in great comfort has been the hallmark of every Bentley, and never was that better demonstrated than in the iconic R-Type Continental from 1952 and its four-door descendant, the Continental Flying Spur.
Bred from the fastest four-seat coupe of its time, the original 1957 Continental Flying Spur was hailed as one of the most elegant and yet powerful saloons ever created. The new Continental Flying Spur continues that Bentley bloodline of sporting Grand Tourers. Similarly inspired by the most desirable coupe of its day, it delivers awesome performance as well as extraordinary comfort and elegance.
Like the original Flying Spur, the new Bentley is also purposely positioned as a premium productabove a crowded market. When asking our future customers about their needs they were very clear - performance and luxury, style and practicality, inspiration and solidity, excitement and safety. The Continental Flying Spur is our response to their 'no compromise' attitude, and our desire to further the Bentley story.
An all-new four-door Grand Tourer that blends peerless Bentley craftsmanship and design with modern technologies.Published 19 January 2005