New Audi A4 Arrives In The UK Transformed In Everything But Price
Latest A4 Saloon and Avant models are transformed by major improvements but pricing structure is little changed
- New 24 model A4 range now open for UK order with prices ranging from £18,765 OTR to £28,725 OTR. First UK deliveries in January 2005 (some versions February 2005)
- Four engines new to A4 range - 2.0 T FSI (200PS), 3.2 FSI (256PS), 2.0 TDI (140PS, 3.0 TDI (204PS)
- Styling transformation - every body panel bar the roof section new. New seats and seat fabrics, new steering wheel design, latest DVD satellite navigation and MP3 option.
- Improved safety features including new two-stage airbags and active head restraints, latest ESP version 8 including new brake wipe function
- New manual gearboxes and updated tiptronic and multitronic continuously variable automatic transmissions
- Extensive chassis revisions, new Servotronic steering for six-cylinder and 2.0 T FSI models, upgraded braking systems
The comprehensively redesigned and dynamically transformed new Audi A4 is now open for UK ordering. Completely overhauled both visually and mechanically, the new 24 model, 9 engine range is to be priced from £18,765 OTR to £28,725 OTR, and the first right-hand-drive examples are scheduled for delivery to customers in January 2005.
In addition to its redesigned exterior, achieved by replacing every body panel bar the roof section and incorporating the new corporate single frame grille, the new 2005 Model Year A4 features four advanced new engines, new transmissions, modifications to suspension, steering and brakes and interior upgrades.Published 28 November 2004