Acknowledged as the first car to bring premium brand qualities to the compact hatchback sector, the Audi A3 reinvents itself this year as an even more spacious, refined, responsive and meticulously built act to follow for the class it created back in 1996. The all-new Audi A3 goes on sale in the UK in the summer of 2003.
- All-new Audi A3 hatchback due in the UK in summer 2003
- 2.0 FSI petrol (150PS), 3.2 V6 petrol (241PS) and 2.0-litre TDI (140PS) among the engine highlights
- Front-wheel-drive and quattro permanent four-wheel-drive
- Revolutionary Dynamic Shift Gearbox (DSG) for some petrol and TDI versions, new six-speed Tiptronic also available
- Wheel-base 65mm longer, body 30mm wider, giving improved cabin space
- McPherson strut front and new four-link rear suspension for maximum agility and ride refinement
- New electro-mechanical steering system
It has also been transformed mechanically, by a wide variety of new or improved EU4 compliant petrol and TDI engines, revolutionary new transmission options, revised front and all-new independent rear suspension and new electro-mechanical power steering.