The Race-Bred Audi R8 Primed For it's UK Debut in July 2007
Audi’s long awaited Porsche basher - the Audi R8 is due to be released to the public in July 2007. With prices starting at £76,825 OTR in manual form and £82,025 OTR with R tronic transmission - it will be interesting see how it performs along side the iconic 911.
- Widely acclaimed new Audi sports car now available priced at . First UK deliveries in July
- Combines classic mid-engine configuration with advanced all-aluminium Audi Space Frame (ASF) construction and the reassurance of quattro permanent four-wheel-drive
- Mid-mounted 4.2-litre V8 FSI petrol engine delivers 420PS at 7,800rpm and 430Nm from 4,500 to 6,000rpm
- 0-62mph in 4.6 seconds, top speed 187mph
- Six-speed manual transmission or optional R tronic sequential shift gearbox with ‘shift-by-wire’ technology and joystick or paddle control
- Optional Audi magnetic ride damping system
Vorsprung durch Technik is about to be epitomised by the new Audi R8, a totally uncompromising all-aluminium sports car developed with the benefit of knowledge gleaned from thousands of gruelling Le Mans laps culminating in six Le Mans victories. Now just three months away from its debut on UK roads, the new Audi R8 bears the legacy of its racing namesake - the world’s most successful sports prototype - and benefits in virtually every area from technology it honed on the circuit.
Available in manual form for £76,825 OTR, or with R tronic sequential automated manual transmission for £82,025 OTR, the new ultra-high performance Audi R8 combines the hallmarks of the best of the classic sports cars with futuristic construction, transmission and suspension technologies. In time-honoured Audi form, it underpins these with the reassurance of the quattro four-wheel-drive system.
Mounted longitudinally directly behind the cockpit of the comparatively lightweight, 1,560-kilogramme aluminium-bodied Audi sports car is a high-revving V8 petrol engine that delivers 420PS, contributing to an exceptional power-to-weight ratio of 269PS per tonne.